Monday, February 28, 2011

A Spending Plan for Homeless People

 I have been interested in simplifying my life these days. How much do I actually need to be happy? With my organizing business I get to see all the stuff people have accumulated and it causes so much unnecessary stress. I stumbled across this article of a woman who became homeless and her spending plan to get out of it. This is the list:

 1. Phone- cheap disposable. Problem keeping it charged

 2. Address- need to receive mail or give address for job. You can get a post office box or ask a friend if you can use their address

3. Shower- use locking bathrooms at gas stations or you can rent a shower at trucking stations. This would be the worst for me.
4. Backpack
5. Mylar Emergency Blanket
6. Bar Soap
7. Antiperspirant
8. Toothbrush
9. Hairbrush
10. Plastic Tarp
11. Clothing
12. Hats/ Gloves
13. Food
14. Watch/ Travel Alarm
15. Pepper Spray

 So looking at the list the main priorities are eating, sleeping, grooming, safety, and warmth. Interesting.